I stumbled upon this recipe from Juli Bauer a few years ago when I first began the paleo journey. And after tweaking and personalizing it slightly, it’s become a staple in my house. Perfectly sweetened and absolutely amazing, it goes so well with everything: homemade yogurt (if you eat dairy), berries, almond milk, and dark chocolate bits, to name a few. I adore cereal so it’s nice to have an option that is guilt-free and won’t give me a crazy sugar rush, like my beloved Apple Jacks used to do.
I’ve recommended this recipe over and over again to all my friends, and everyone comes back to me saying how much they love it.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried organic cranberries, or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (except the fruit).
- To soften thick honey or solidified coconut oil, heat them separately in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Scoop mixture into a parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then mix in the dried fruit and let cool.
- It's so amazing, you'll want to double the recipe because the first batch will be consumed way too quickly. Store in an airtight container for up to a week, or keep it in the refrigerator to make it last longer.
It’s incredibly easy to make and so, so yummy. Give it a try, I know you’ll love it too!
Are you a granola junkie? Have you ever made your own?