This week I had an excellent round of golf. I played with an excellent golfer, with a much lower handicap than I, and she must have rubbed off on me, because I shot my lowest for a round of 18. Which means that my most recent lessons that completely changed my golf swing (…again) must be working;) So in celebration of that I thought I’d do a fun post for today. It’s been far too long since we’ve done one of these.
Things I’m Loving
- MAC 205 Mascara Fan Brush – love, love, love this brush. You can use it as either an applicator and to put your mascara on, or to clean up your mascara after you’ve applied it with a normal wand. If you use it as an applicator it provides clump-free light coverage, perfect for school drop off or afternoon tea with the girls. If you plan for a more dramatic look, I like to use it to clean up my mascara. Two tips though for this: 1) the brush must be clean before using, and 2) it only works when the mascara is still wet. So use it after each application of mascara. Meaning? Apply mascara to one eye with your mascara’s wand, use the fan brush immediately after in a similar fashion (brush strokes upward). Then apply mascara to the other eye and again followed by the fan brush. Keep doing this process between each coat of mascara. It’s a fab make-up tool. Highly recommended!
- H&M Clothing Recycle – I love donating clothes. It’s kind of an obsession of mine. When I used to live in the states and actually had four seasons, I would look through my closet after each season and donate anything I hadn’t worn. I read about this process once and it’s worked brilliantly. Now that I live in the Caribbean, I usually do this after a trip home. If I hadn’t worn something in say 6 months, I donate it. Plus, you know, with two young growing kids, I’m constantly having to purge their drawers. Anyway, I recently learned about H&M’s recycle program and I love it! You receive 15% off your next purchase, which is just an added bonus! Check out the link and watch the video, it’s pretty cool.
- TruSkin Rose Water Toner – One of my girlfriend’s turned me onto this product. I’ve never used toner before, but since I love TruSkin (read this post) I figured “what the heck!” Well, now I use it almost daily. It’s like a refreshing bath for your face. After just a week, I ordered 3 more bottles, because living in the Caribbean means I stock up on everything I can’t live without;)
- Headsweats Hat – It’s my only running hat. I can’t bring myself to try anything else, because I just adore this one. I recently bought a bright fluorescent yellow one, and it’s just awesome. This hat is super lightweight, I almost never notice it while I’m running. The only time it’s noticeable is when the rain is dripping from the rim, which during hurricane season is a daily occurrence. Anyway, this is a must for all you runners out there.
- Maya Brenner Initial Necklace – Of everything on this list, this is by far my favorite. Dainty necklaces are gorgeous and I searched for weeks until I found this collection. I selected an initial for each of my children, and I couldn’t be happier with how pretty it is. It’s white gold (also available in yellow and rose golds), which is perfect for me because it won’t tarnish. With Christmas coming up, this is a fab gift idea for a friend or yourself.
- Altar’d State – I stumbled upon this boutique when I was visiting DC this summer and am now completely hooked. It’s kind of like an Anthropologie, but more affordable. Yay! Now I can try my favorite boho chic trends and not feel too terribly guilty;)
What are the things you’re loving right now? Any recommendations?