It’s time for another round of “It’s in the Bag”! I’m a bit nosy and I love reading about the contents of someone else’s purse, tote, bag, whatever. So I only think it’s fair that I share every now then as well. Today, I’m revealing what I carry around in my gym bag!
What I take to the gym depends greatly on what my workout plans are and what the rest of my day looks like. Sometimes, I only have time for a quick workout followed by a shower at the gym and then I’m off to work. Other days, it’s a full sweat session with my trainer. Regardless of my plans, these are the items that are in my bag 24/7.
- I received this Lululemon bag as a gift from the Mr. and I love it! It holds everything I need, with tons of pockets and a separate bag for smelly shoes or clothing. It’s also a great size that works as carry-on or an overnight bag, and it even has straps for a yoga mat!
- An adjustable skipping rope gets my heart rate up and makes me feel like a kid again!
- I’ve always used workout gloves when I lift weights. I’ve had these Nike gloves for a few years now and, admittedly, they need to be replaced. I have my eye on these ones.
- I have no time for glamour at the gym! I wear my hair back and these no-slip headbands keep the strays in place and out of my face.
- I use this Garmin with the heart rate monitor when I’m on the treadmill. As a side note, I actually use it a lot for tennis as well. I like that it tracks distance run and not just steps taken on the court.
- The TRX is one of my favorite ways to work out! It’s perfect if the machines at the gym are busy and it’s super portable. Just find a secure place to attach it and you’re ready to go! Check out a great TRX workout here.
- I have some chronic piriformis issues and these two little rollers keep me mobile. I use the larger roller after a workout to keep lactic acid at bay and the little ball whenever a specific muscle needs to be loosened up.
- I love these shoes! They’re popular with runners, but I love them for the gym. They provide enough cushioning and traction for the treadmill and also are comfortable for a weight or plyometric workout too!
What’s in your workout bag?
Do you wear a heart rate monitor?