We just recently joined the blogging community in November, and so far it has been amazing. We’ve met the most fascinating and ambitious people, and we’ve really enjoyed getting to know everyone.
Last week we read a twenty questions post from one of our favorite bloggers and thought this would be a great opportunity for all of you to get to know Ree and I a little better. So thanks to Maegan for sharing, and now here are my own responses to those same twenty questions.
all about me (bre)
1. What brings you the greatest joy? My family and spending time with my girlfriends.
2. What are your vices? Ice cream, cocktails, and wine.
3. What is on your nightstand? Hand lotion, a pharmacy-inspired reading lamp (I love it!), a figurine my father gave me from Indonesia, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (nearly finished!), a eucalyptus candle, and stress relief body mist.
4. Do you have a secret talent? This is a toss up between two incredibly rare talents!!! One, I am really good at flip-cup. If you aren’t familiar, check out this video with the hilarious Jimmy Fallon and fabulous Salma Hayek Pinault. Trust me, from my sorority days in college, not only do you want me on your team, but you want me as your anchor. Once she realizes mommy’s talent, my daughter will one day be so proud!
And two, I have an incredibly steady hand, which means I can paint trim without having to put tape on the wall first. Amazing, right?! I was, however, once told by an old boyfriend who was in medical school that I should have been a surgeon. I suppose I missed my calling;)
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Jeans. I love jeans, and it’s terrible because I rarely ever where them, yet I always buy them!!!
6. What should every woman try at least once in her life? I think every woman should have a girls’ weekend at least once in her life, but I recommend it be an annual affair. No kids, no husbands, no jobs…just girls.
7. What makes you laugh? My daughter, my husband, absolutely ridiculous movies (e.g. Old School, Super Troopers, Talledega Nights, Zoolander, the list is endless), and, honestly, pretty much anything. I am easily amused=)
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I have really big curly hair, and I’m cross-dominant. I write and eat with my left hand, but do everything else with my right – e.g. kick, throw, golf, to name a few. That’s why my golf game is so bad!!! Wait, was that two things? Oh, well…
9. What is on your bucket list? My own business and a pixie haircut.
10. What is on your feet right now? Nothing. I live in Barbados.
11. How did you make your first dollar? Does it count if I didn’t actually work for it? When I was baptized, one of my mom’s friends placed a silver dollar in my card to give to me when I grew up. I can’t remember when my mom gave it to me, but I do still have it.
12. What superstition do you believe in? Karma.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? A pair of Lucky Brand cut-offs and a H&M t-shirt.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? A ring my husband gave me for my birthday last May. I was going through a tough time, and it had (still has) a special meaning.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? What’s not on my liquor shelf?!
16. What is on your kitchen counter? A knife block, my Vitamix, our coffee pot, and mason jar canisters filled with tea, sugar and almond flour.
17. What would you never leave home without? My keys and phone.
18. What movie has the greatest ending? Pride and Prejudice, the recent version with Matthew MacFadyen and Keira Knightley. I adore the last line of this movie! “Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy,” sniff, sniff…it’s so damn good!!!
19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party? My husband, my best friends, Samantha Jones from Sex and the City, Will Ferrell, Lucille Ball, Betty White, Jimmy Fallon, Gordon Ramsay (so he can make the meal), Robert Parker Jr. (so he can select the wine), and Kate Spade (but only if she brings the parting gifts).
20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? That everything works out just the way it’s supposed to.
Be sure to check out Ree’s responses next week, and for all you bloggers who haven’t done this in awhile…“TAG,” you’re it!